Pages

Thursday 15 November 2012

Mollie Makes, Cath Kidston mash-up


One look at the Cath Kidston personalised jumper tute we ran on our blog a while back, and I *had* to have a go. Here's my version. I found cutting the letters quite tricky (novice) and had yet to be introduced to the wonders of interfacing, so I think I did an OK job considering. Annoyingly the V of the jumper is a little wide, so if I choose to wear this jumper, I currently either sport my initials on my boob or arm pit. So… not wearing it til I can sort that.

2 comments:

  1. Heya, if the jumper has a high wool content you may be able to shrink a bit of the neckline gape out. Basically, run a line of stitches around the front neckline from shoulder to shoulder with a strong or doubled thread and pull up to gather the fabric in a bit. Secure your thread. Lay your jumper on the ironing board and put a folded teatowel inside it so that the back neck is covered and the front neck is on the towel. This is to protect the back of your jumper while you apply heat to the front. Lay a slightly damp teatowel on top and hold a hot iron (wool or slightly higher setting) over it, gently applying heat to the neckline area. Check every now and then to see if the fabric is shrinking nicely; the gathers will seem to smooth out.

    If your jumper isn't woolly, you could gather the neckline a little bit anyway, with a matching thread, and see if it looks nice gathered :)

    xxv

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ace, thanks for that - I'll give it a go. It's acrylic, so I might just end up unpicking and using one initial (or just using a different jumper!)

    ReplyDelete